Thursday, September 17, 2009

GERIATRICS ATTACHMENT

My first ever rotation in final meds - Geriatrics.While others had already steamed up,I just warming up..after "having fun" for two weeks of self directed study,now I began my clinical days.The thought of being in Clonmel for the third time did not bother me.Clonmel is a nice town to be in and STGH is a good teaching and learning hospital.Despite being away from home and from friends,I have no worry at all.


This time again,I stayed at different place - in a house [or should I say a bungalow] rented by UCC with three other students.Well Ms Moylan said that UCC made a last minute decision on placing us in a house,instead of a BnB,so they could not get a house nearer to the hospital.It's 30 minutes walk,not too bad.


After three days,I haven't had any complaint.Dr Donellan is still being nice to me [thank God] and my days were filled with useful activities.
Monday -ward rounds from 0900-1300.My legs hurt!!
             - MDT from 1400-1600.Felt sleepy though.Even Tony dozed off.
Tuesday - Went to St.Patrick Hospital in Cashel for some ward rounds and MDT.
              - Journal Club about tight glucose control
              - Tutorial on chest pain
              - Should be on call and admit patients in AnE but errr...had a bad experience in that AnE,so only stayed until 1800.
Wednesday - Ward rounds 0900-1230.Dr Donellan started asking questions.
                   - OPD : clerked two patients.Hmmm.


Had been to ALDI and Dunnes Stores to get some food.


Ramadhan is coming to the end..how sad that I actually spent it alone here in Clonmel.Friends were saying that it is good that fasting is almost over.I just smiled and said ," but I feel sad because I like Ramadhan and I'm gonna miss it.I hope it will not be over this fast."


Missing the good old days - Ramadhan in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment